It’s common for many homeowners to renew their home policies year after year without giving it much thought. However, here at the Carr Insurance Group, we think that it is important for our clients in the greater Maryville, TN area to take the time to review their homeowner policies regularly.
Why your policy needs may change
- Increase in market value — when the property value of your market increases, your home will likely grow too. Don’t be left with inadequate coverage due to changes in the overall market.
- Improvements to the home — even if you don’t complete a major project like an addition, smaller changes can also increase the value of your home. From updated kitchens and bathrooms to new flooring, you may be surprised by the effect on your home’s value.
- Purchase of large-scale items – with many home policies, there is a limit to the coverage provided for a single item. If you have recently invested in an expensive item, such as artwork or jewelry, you will want to ensure that it is covered. In some instances, it may be appropriate to secure an additional personal items rider or policy.
These are just a few instances where a home’s value may outpace your homeowner’s policy. Don’t find out after it’s too late that you are underinsured due to increases in your home’s value.
Don’t delay, call today.
The team at Carr Insurance Group is here to help you with all of your insurance needs in the greater Maryville, TN area. If it’s been a while since you’ve taken a close look at your homeowner’s policy, it’s time to do so. Give us a call today and set up your review appointment. You’ll be glad you did!
As a homeowner, it’s essential to understand what your home insurance protects you against. Most home insurance policies cover slips and falls on your property. However, every policy is different. The agents at Carr Insurance Group in Maryville, TN can help you review and optimize your policy.
Slips and Falls Covered by Home Insurance
You aren’t liable for every slip or fall on your property. Typically, you’re responsible if your negligence caused the accident. A random fall due to someone losing their balance might not fall on your shoulders. However, if a guest falls on the stairs due to ongoing construction, you would be liable for injuries and related expenses. A representative at Carr Insurance Group can help you understand specific examples where you would be responsible and ensure that your home insurance covers likely scenarios.
How Does Home Insurance Work for Slips and Falls
Home insurance covers legal defense and the payout if someone brings a slip and fall suit against you. You are only responsible if the court decides your negligence caused the fall. If someone trips over their shoelaces, they can’t sue you for medical damages. However, if your loose carpet or wet floor causes them to slip, you may be held liable.
Examples of slips and falls most home insurance covers:
- Slip and fall on an unshoveled driveway
- Guest tripping over a skateboard concealed by clutter
- Fall due to a loose floorboard
- Visitor trips over poorly maintained tree roots in your yard
Medical Payments Home Insurance
The medical payments portion of your home insurance can pay for emergency medical expenses without determining who was at fault. This would cover you without involving a lawyer or adjuster.
Contact Carr Insurance Group in Maryville, TN to find out more about your home insurance or to set up an appointment for a free quote.